Notification of a management company change to the underlying funds of Jupiter funds
30 January 2019
- S112 Jupiter Financial Innovation
- R50 Jupiter New Europe
- R87 Jupiter European Opportunities
We have been notified by Jupiter Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited (“The Company”) of a change in management company of the underlying funds of the above named funds. This change will become effective from 01 March 2019 (the “Effective Date”).
The Company has confirmed:
“…following the United Kingdom’s vote to leave the European Union (“EU”) (“Brexit”), and to mitigate any regulatory impact on the Company upon Brexit, the board of directors of the Company (the “Board”) has decided to:
- terminate the appointment of Jupiter Unit Trust Managers Limited, a UK incorporated company, which is currently engaged as management company of the Company and
- appoint Jupiter Asset Management International S.A. (“JAMI”), a Luxembourg incorporated company, as the new management company of the Company, to perform investment management, administration and marketing functions for the Company as of 1 March 2019.
JAMI forms part of the Jupiter Group and is a public limited liability company, with registered office at Airport Center, 5, Rue Heienhaff, L-1736, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and registered with the Luxembourg Register of Commerce under number B.223283.
JAMI is authorised to act as management company within the meaning of the UCITS Directive 2009/65/EC and the Luxembourg Law of 17 December 2010 (both as amended from time to time) and is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier in Luxembourg.
The change of management company will have no impact on the management of the Company’s assets or on the fees, as:
- it is anticipated that Jupiter Asset Management Limited be appointed by JAMI to act as the investment manager, as it does currently. There will be no change in the investment style, investment philosophy, investment strategy, and the operation and/or manner in which the sub-funds of the Company are being managed following this change, and
- P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A. will remain the depositary, paying agent and administrator.
The change indicated in the notice above would not result in any change to the fees and expenses payable from the sub-funds or by the Shareholders. The rights and interests of the Shareholders would not be materially prejudiced as a result of the above change.
The costs and expenses associated with the change set out in this notice will be borne by Jupiter Unit Trust Managers Limited.”
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact International Funds & Investments.